Wednesday, February 15, 2012




The following prayer was given to me by Father Nick Minich on the occasion of my ordination to the priesthood on February 16, 1964.  It has been a daily prayer for these past forty-eight years.  I give thanks for the gift, the joy, and the privilege of that call.

LORD JESUS, 

 
You have called me to your priesthood to carry on the work which you began.


        Fit me, I pray you, for this task with such faith that through my voice even the disbelieving may listen to you word;


        With such hope that through my hands even the despairing may be held fast in your grip;


        And with such charity that through my heart even the despised may know that you can never cease to love them.


        Join me so deeply to yourself that no one I meet shall lie beyond your saving grace.


AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment